Friday, August 3, 2012

The love of a Grandmother...


It has been a whole week here with my lovely and wonderful grandmother. Today we both noticed how quickly the time is going and how much we are really enjoying out time together. She told me that she is getting used to having me around again and that it will be really hard to part, that she is going to be in tears...I know that both of us will be a mess when it's time for me to go...it breaks my heart. There is nothing I can do, the time will come when we have to say good bye...


"When will we meet again?" she asks rhetorically, as if under her breath. 
"We will, grandma" I tell her, while in my mind I am fighting the negative thoughts. As we sit together, as if frozen in one embrace, we both are deep in thought, no words necessary, we both know the odds...


She is so dear to me! She is the only one with whom I REALLY feel like I belong, that family bond...here and now I am being reminded of what that feels like...we know everything about our past, we freely share our thoughts even if we are running a risk of the other person not understanding, we even disagree and get stubborn, but that is ok because the next minute we are on the next topic and we still love each other with the kind of love that overrides any argument...*SIGH

I do not feel alone nor have feelings of loneliness being with her. I have a feeling that I belong somewhere here on earth, really belong, and that is because she carries me in her heart and I carry her in mine. Only God Himself loves me more than this and she is the reason I have a slightest idea of what His love for me is like. All I have to do is think of all the love she has ever given me, her sacrifice and dedication and I get a glimpse...

I am forever grateful that He placed my grandmother in my life the way He did, that she was the one who took care of me and raised me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment